A second chance
Services to facilitate and support the needs of individuals and their families during the transition from incarceration to successful community citizenship.
Staff strive to make a positive community connection for individuals during this time of adjustment and development. We’re located in the heart of Newburgh’s downtown area for convenient access and proximity to public transportation, as well as to nearby county and community agencies.
- Pre- and post-release outreach
- Assessment of needs and goals and establishment of action plan
- Transportation to community supervision report, treatment facilities & employment related events
- Emergency food, clothing & personal care items
- Housing resources including supportive services and veterans opportunities
- Employment development, resume building & job search
- Resource Center with computers & staff to assist with employment search
- Coordination of benefit eligibility & managing obstacles (DSS, SSA, SSI, UIB)
- Assistance with documentation, child support matters, and records
- Advocacy services
- Referrals to community agencies for corresponding services & system navigation
- Mediation with parole to assist with successful individuals outcomes
- Encouragement and support through calls & meetings for a successful transition as community citizens
- Groups: Anger Management, Relapse Prevention, Thinking for Change, Ready, Set, Work!
Bilingual English/Spanish services are available.
Reentry Task Forces
In November 2005, the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) developed county reentry task forces. The projects were intended to reduce recidivism by connecting high-risk participants with community support during their transition from incarceration to living in the community. Since 2007, RECAP has co-chaired the Orange County Reentry Task Force where we help participants make positive and effective connections.
Want to learn more about the task force model and initiatives? Visit the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services online!
RECAP’s Orange County Reentry Program
201 Broadway, Newburgh, New York
Fax: (845) 563-9099
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm